Monday, April 26, 2010

DC and Co-Op Houses

So DC and the suburbs around here used to have a pretty cool scene of punk/hardcore co-op houses going on. Basically, a group of like-minded people rent a house together and then host shows and let bands crash with them. It sounds like a whole lot of fun! A bunch of them in Arlington, including the original Dischord House that spawned Minor Threat, have been closed down but I would really like to get involved with something like that.

I haven't heard about any that are active, but if anyone hears of one/some - please PLEASE let me know!! I'm looking for a new place to live starting in July and if I can't find one this year, I'm going to organize one to start next summer. I would want to focus on punk bands like Four Year Strong, A Loss For Words, The Wonder Years, Lemuria, Fireworks, and etc. I would also like to have other photographers as well as graphic designers, screen printers, etc living in the house - everyone helps host the show and the bands. Obivously having other musicians around would be ideal. I know there aren't a million people with this mindset and skillset running around DC, but if you know anyone like that, please be cool and put us in touch!

If I can pull this off and get a darkroom in the house, I will officially be The Happiest Bro in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment